One of the most important aspects of managing an office is keeping your budget in check. When looking for ways to reduce spending, the cost of printing often gets overlooked; but, left unmanaged, these hidden costs can sabotage your annual print budget.
“Roughly 90% of North American companies don’t know how many printers they have or how much they spend annually on print.” – Gartner
Here are five ways your printers might be costing you more than you think:
- Need for Support – When a printer breaks down, your instincts may be to call someone in the IT department for help, but chances are they won’t have the expertise to diagnose or repair the issue at hand. A proven Managed Print Services (MPS) provider can save you time and money by proactively monitoring your printers and can often resolve issues before you even know there is a problem. Not to mention that this allows your IT staff to focus on mission critical tasks, not printer repairs.
- Hardware – In an effort to save money, many small business owners simply head to the nearest office supply store and purchase an inexpensive printer or two. However, the cheapest printers can often cost the most in supplies due to the high price of replacement consumables, maintenance and a reduced lifespan.
- Loss of Productivity – Improper placement, inadequate equipment and downtime due to repairs can cost your company in lost productivity. An MPS provider can help improve office workflow by determining what equipment works best for each department and where to strategically place it.
- Waste – Reset end-user print driver defaults to double-sided printing in black and white, saving high quality color prints for specific users or departments.
- Energy Consumption – An unsuitable or old, inefficient, printer in a heavy use area can lead to unnecessarily high energy bills. Instead, invest in an Energy Star rated, high-efficiency printer for high volume work.
An MPS provider can help identify print costs hiding in your print environment and can provide solutions that can increase office productivity and your bottom line. For more information, contact a TSG representative for a free, no-obligation print assessment.
Subscribe to our Blog
1410 Stealth Street
Livermore, CA 94551