The right Managed Print Services provider can play a important role in the success of your business; from improving the flow of data to reducing costs. But choosing one isn’t as simple as it seems. To get the maximum value from any MPS relationship means choosing an experienced provider who will take the time to understand your business.
Here are some questions to ask when interviewing MPS candidates to help you find the perfect partner for your business:
- Start with Analysis – Your business is unique and has unique needs. Ask candidates how they will work with you to determine your needs. Do they use software to analyze usage and determine costs?
- Check References – Ask for, and call, references. Does your candidate have experience providing solutions to businesses like yours? Ask current and former clients about their experience with the provider. Did they deliver services as promised, on time and on budget?
- Do They Improve Workflows? – Today, business relies on both digital and hardcopy documents. Depending on the information flow through your office, documents may need to be digital, paper, or both. Ask how your provider will integrate digital and manual processes so information is available and flows smoothly and predictably.
- Ask About Hardware/Software Integration – Will their solution fit within your existing IT infrastructure? Will you need to upgrade equipment, purchase new hardware or software? Will their solution connect to the cloud and is it compatible with your existing applications?
- Look to the Future – Can your candidate meet your existing needs and grow with you if your needs change? A solution that works for six months and isn’t scalable is not a solution. Make sure there is a defined path to upgrade and know the costs.
- Security is Necessary – It’s a fact of life – breaches happen. Does your provider offer the latest security plans from trusted partners?
Managed Print Services can be a game changer for your business. When correctly implemented, you’ll cut costs, increase productivity, and spend less time managing information and more time focusing on your core initiatives like growing your business. Ask the right questions and you’ll find the perfect partner and get the best ROI over the long-term!